Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Wanderer


I

I have walked this street a thousand times,
But I still can’t find my way.
Dreamt of love and open skies,
But my path is dark and gray.
I put my future to faith and chance
To show me wrong from right.
And in the end I can only hope
This love turns out alright.

The street is covered by a black sky,
With thousands of wishing stars.
Each one a dream from the heart,
That hides away these scars.
I push away the bluest thought
To make room for some love,
But without God it is distraught,
Because there is no God above.

I do not trust the light from windows,
they are not warm inside.
And I do not walk through any door,
Because in this street I bide.
Walking forward, quick to pace,
I search for someone to hold.
Though it is hard to open the
heart when it is icy cold.

II

I saw you walking toward me
with baggage on your back,
You offered me an open hand,
But it is in trust I lack.
I let you walk beside me
because I was alone.
And soon I let you in
from the heart you shown.


III

The days you had my trust
has been brought still,
And the openings you left
in my life are to easy to fill.
You are but a small phase
that I can move past.
And though you might think,
‘heart break’, I laugh.

I laugh that I had trusted
Every word you said,
I laugh that I had let you
get into my head.
I laugh because I am
strong enough to let you in,
And I laugh because you
can’t let go of what had been.

IV

And now I walk these streets,
Only to walk it once more,
But this time as I walk,
I carry the baggage you wore.
But I do not carry it with sadness,
Nor do I carry it with fear.
I carry the bags on my back
So I can remember it clear.

That you are a not worth the scar,
You are not worth the tears,
You are the one who caved into
all of your fears.
And I am the one who left you
so you can finally see,
That the only person I
can truly trust is me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment