Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Messy Me



This is a poem I had written about letting go of an unstable but great relationship. It was wonderful at the time but the emotions were too confusing and we were soon on completely different pages. It is hard confusing mess, but I suppose the best art comes from the pain and joy of life. Enjoy.

I cannot let go of everything we had.
Sitting, waiting, hating, everything we loved,
and everything we shared.
I will not bend over in grief from the loss.
I will stand in this rain, and lift my chin.
I will not cry.
I will laugh in the face of anguish,
and will raise my middle finger to odium.
Smile on my face, and fire in my eyes.
I am alive, in love, and in pain.
Watch my heart burn in passion
to the thought of your eyes.
My speech slur as I get drunk off
our memories.
The future is dark
and you are the fuel
that lights my way.
I will close my eyes and die every night,
and awake in the morning
without you.
I will dream of the world
whether or not you are here.
I am alive, in love, and in pain,
but I am not afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment